[LLVMdev] List Suggestion

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Tue Sep 17 17:07:01 PDT 2002

> I was wondering if it would be possible to modify the emailings so that
> there's a "Reply-to" field which points back to the list. That way, when
> people reply to some message, the person being replied to doesn't get 10
> copies of it.

The reason that the list is set up this way is so that people can post to
the list who are not members, and still get responses.  I agree it's
annoying to get lots of copies of messages.  I can certainly change it to
not CC the original senders, but I'm not sure if that's the problem.
Perhaps I can coax mailman into not sending a copy of the message to
someone on the cc list.  Hrm...

-Chris

http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/
http://www.nondot.org/~sabre/Projects/