[LLVMdev] trouble using hello transformation

Francesco Spadini spadini at crhc.uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 12 22:12:00 PDT 2002

	I must be doing something dumb, but I'm having trouble running the
example hello transformation.  It is printing "pure virtual method
called."  All I am doing is checking out a new llvm, compiling it with
gmake -k, compiling Hello with gmake, and running:
opt -load ../../../lib/Debug/libhello.so -hello < hello.bc > /dev/null
where hello.bc is the hello world program.

	From gdb, it seems to be breaking in VMCore/PassManagerT.h:217
where it invokes runPass(P, M).  Any help whatsoever would be much
appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

Francesco Spadini
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~spadini
spadini at crhc.uiuc.edu

"Don't worry about people stealing your ideas.
If your ideas are any good you'll have to ram
them down people's throats."
	- Howard Aiken