[LLVMdev] running llvmgcc without optimization?

Misha Brukman brukman at cs.uiuc.edu
Tue Nov 19 20:54:04 PST 2002

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Juan Nicolas Ruiz wrote:
> How can I run llvm-gcc in such a way that does not perform
> optimizations like constant propagation and dead code elimination?

As far as I know, there isn't. The gcc front-end has only been modified
to emit code in LLVM syntax, it will do whatever it regularly does,
which includes some optimizations.

The only solution I know of is to write LLVM assembly directly and then
use the LLVM assembler to make .bc files for input into opt and friends.
That will not eliminate dead code or constant-propagate.

HTH.

--
Misha Brukman :: uiuc.edu/~brukman