[LLVMdev] get TopDown DSGraph

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Tue Dec 3 13:13:01 PST 2002

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Xiaodong Li wrote:
> If you look at it, you'll see each node has the InComplete Bit on.
> But when I use 'analyze -tddatastructure file.bc' I got the graph in which
> all the nodes don't have the bit on. So they are different. Could you tell
> me why the results from the analyze tool and from the dsg.dump() are
> different?

The nodes are marked incomplete because they are pointed to by arguments
to the function, and we currently don't ensure that all callees are known
of the function, thus we are unable to mark the argument pointers
complete.  Sorry about this, I just haven't had the time to get this
implemented, and it looks unlikely that it will happen before the end of
the semester.  :(

> Besides, each time I call the getAnaysis<TDDataStructure>(), it writes out
> some bu_funname.dot files to the disk. Why is that?

This should be fixed by now, if not, let me know.

-Chris

> On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Chris Lattner wrote:
>
> > > I was wondering if this is the right way to get TopDown DSGraph?
> > > TDDataStructures &TD = getAnalysis<TDDataStructures>();
> > > F is some function
> > > DSGraph &dsg = TD.getDSGraph(F);
> >
> > Yes, that's the right way.
> >
> > > I found out the DSGraph I got using this method is actually bottom up
> > > DSGraph, can you let me know why?
> >
> > Why do you think it's a BU graph?
> >
> > -Chris
> >
> > --