[PATCH] D29281: [docs] cleanup documentation on lit substitutions
ben via Phabricator via llvm-commits
llvm-commits at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 30 06:50:09 PST 2017
bd1976llvm created this revision.
1. Added missing substitutions to the documentation in docs/TestingGuide.rst
2. Modified docs/CommandGuide/lit.rst to only document the "base" set of substitutions and to refer the reader to docs/TestingGuide.rst for more detailed info on substitutions.
@@ -468,6 +468,25 @@
Expands to the path separator, i.e. ``:`` (or ``;`` on Windows).
+``%/s, %/S, %/t, %/T:``
+ Act like the corresponding substitution above but replace any ``\``
+ character with a ``/``. This is useful to normalize path separators.
+ Example: ``%s: C:\Desktop Files/foo_test.s.tmp``
+ Example: ``%/s: C:/Desktop Files/foo_test.s.tmp``
+``%:s, %:S, %:t, %:T:``
+ Act like the corresponding substitution above but remove colons at
+ the beginning of Windows paths. This is useful to allow concatenation
+ of absolute paths on Windows to produce a legal path.
+ Example: ``%s: C:\Desktop Files\foo_test.s.tmp``
+ Example: ``%:s: C\Desktop Files\foo_test.s.tmp``
@@ -379,7 +379,7 @@
:program:`lit` provides various patterns that can be used with the RUN command.
-These are defined in TestRunner.py.
+These are defined in TestRunner.py. The base set of substitutions are:
@@ -391,17 +391,13 @@
%t temporary file name unique to the test
%T temporary directory unique to the test
- %/s same as %s but replace all / with \\
- %/S same as %S but replace all / with \\
- %/p same as %p but replace all / with \\
- %/t same as %t but replace all / with \\
- %/T same as %T but replace all / with \\
-Further substitution patterns might be defined by each test module.
-See the modules :ref:`local-configuration-files`.
+Other substitutions are provided that are variations on this base set and
+further substitution patterns can be defined by each test module. See the
-More information on the testing infrastucture can be found in the
+More detailed information on substitutions can be found in the
TEST RUN OUTPUT FORMAT
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 2284 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the llvm-commits