[PATCH] D20162: [MSP430] PR27500 CodeGen: Rework branch-select pass
Vadzim Dambrouski via llvm-commits
llvm-commits at lists.llvm.org
Sat Jun 11 08:08:57 PDT 2016
pftbest added a comment.
My thoughts on block renumbering:
1. It happens only once per function in common case
2. In a rare case when we need some branches to be expanded, block offsets are updated manually in the loop, so blocks are not renumbered
3. In extremely rare case when both successors are out of range, only then blocks are renumbered and remeasured.
So the point is:
1. This code is not slower than what is now in the trunk
2. But it is definitely better, because it does work and trunk is generating garbage that crashes mcu.
More information about the llvm-commits