[llvm] r203019 - Now that we don't use libtool, we don't need to upgrade it :-)
rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 14:45:14 PST 2014
Date: Wed Mar 5 16:45:14 2014
New Revision: 203019
Now that we don't use libtool, we don't need to upgrade it :-)
Thanks to Patrik Hägglund H for noticing it!
--- llvm/trunk/autoconf/README.TXT (original)
+++ llvm/trunk/autoconf/README.TXT Wed Mar 5 16:45:14 2014
@@ -1,38 +1,3 @@
-If you are in the mood to upgrade libtool, you must do the following:
- 1. Get the new version of libtool and put it in <SRC>
- 2. configure/build/install libtool with --prefix=<PFX>
- 3. Copy <SRC>/ltdl.m4 to llvm/autoconf/m4
- 4. Copy <PFX>/share/aclocal/libtool.m4 to llvm/autoconf/m4/libtool.m4
- 5. Copy <PFX>/share/libtool/ltmain.sh to llvm/autoconf/ltmain.sh
- 6. Copy <PFX>/share/libtool/libltdl/ltdl.c to llvm/lib/System
- 7. Copy <PFX>/share/libtool/libltdl/ltdl.h to llvm/lib/System
- 8. Edit the ltdl.h file to #include "llvm/Config/config.h" at the very top. You
- might also need to resolve some compiler warnings (typically about
- comparison of signed vs. unsigned values). But, you won't find out about
- those until you build LLVM (step 13).
- 9. Edit the llvm/autoconf/m4/libtool.m4 file so that:
- a) in AC_PROB_LIBTOOL macro, the value of LIBTOOL is set to
- $(top_builddir)/mklib, not $(top_builddir)/libtool
- b) in AC_LIBTOOL_SETUP macro, the variable default_ofile is set to
- "mklib" instead of "libtool"
- c) s/AC_ENABLE_SHARED_DEFAULT/enable_shared_default/g
- d) s/AC_ENABLE_STATIC_DEFAULT/enable_static_default/g
- e) s/AC_ENABLE_FAST_INSTALL_DEFAULT/enable_fast_install_default/g
-10. Run "autoupdate libtool.m4 ltdl.m4" in the llvm/autoconf/m4 directory.
- This should correctly update the macro definitions in the libtool m4
- files to match the version of autoconf that LLVM uses. This converts
- AC_HELP_STRING to AS_HELP_STRING and AC_TRY_LINK to AC_LINK_IFELSE, amongst
- other things. You may need to manually adjust the files.
-11. Run AutoRegen.sh to get the new macros into configure script
-12. If there are any warnings from AutoRegen.sh, go to step 9.
-13. Rebuild LLVM, making sure it reconfigures
-14. Test the JIT which uses libltdl
-15. If it all works, only THEN commit the changes.
More information about the llvm-commits