[PATCH v3 0/11] [x86] Fix 16-bit addressing modes (PR18220) and implement .code16 (PR8684)
dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Dec 20 06:57:11 PST 2013
- Be less taciturn in comments.
- Fix some indentation errors.
- Add test cases incrementally as things start to work.
- Drop the renaming of In32BitMode -> Not64BitMode since that was merged
already in r197768... which also means we can:
- Subsume the addition of In32BitMode, In16BitMode and Not16BitMode into
the patch which adds .code16 support, rather than having it separate.
- Drop rdar:// and PR comments from x86-16.s since they're pointless and
Eric is apparently going to drop them from the x86-32 version too.
- Fix EH_RETURN/EH_RETURN64 handling to use is64BitMode() to choose
between RETQ and RETL, like everything else in that patch did. There
*may* be a potential micro-optimisation there, but it's probably not
worth it. Eric made a cryptic comment about this patch which I also
preserved for posterity, but I have no idea what it meant.
I think I've captured all the review feedback?
Dropped the reloc_signed_2byte patch since I don't think it was
necessary. Now it just uses FK_Data_2. We don't have a corresponding
signed relocation type anyway (in ELF at least).
Fixed more instructions to work correctly in 16-bit mode and added test
cases for it all (including some in .code32 for the 16-bit addressing
David Woodhouse Open Source Technology Centre
David.Woodhouse at intel.com Intel Corporation
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5745 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the llvm-commits