[llvm-bugs] [Bug 37893] New: Unable to resolve std::vector type in gmodules build on android (linux)
llvm-bugs at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 21 06:24:24 PDT 2018
Bug ID: 37893
Summary: Unable to resolve std::vector type in gmodules build
on android (linux)
Component: All Bugs
Assignee: lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Reporter: labath at google.com
CC: llvm-bugs at lists.llvm.org
To reproduce this, create a simple c++ program with std::vector<int> (from
libc++), compile with -gmodules, and try to display the variable in the
debugger. The variable will show up as empty (no data members).
I've done a bit of digging, and it seems that the issue is that we are unable
to complete the forward-declaration of the "__vector_base" from the main file
with the full declaration in the module.
The interesting bits of dwarf are:
DW_AT_location (DW_OP_breg13 SP+116)
DW_AT_type (0x00000a1a "vector<int,
DW_AT_type (0x00000053 "__vector_base<int,
The __vector_base type contains a bunch of DW_TAG_typedefs and
DW_TAG_subprograms, but no information on data members. If I open up the same
type in the std.pcm file, I can find the DW_TAG_member entries there. However,
AFAICT, lldb does not try to look for the information in that file.
I don't think this is a recent regression. It has probably been that way since
gmodules was introduced. I just ran into this now because I have started
building lldb tests with libc++, and that meant that gmodules tests actually
started to test something (libstdc++ had no module map file).
Until this and other problems (failure to resolve relocations in the pcm files)
are resolved, I am going to disable the gmodules tests on android.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the llvm-bugs