[llvm-bugs] [Bug 32518] New: lld master error: can't create dynamic relocation R_AARCH64_PREL64
llvm-bugs at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 3 22:00:51 PDT 2017
Bug ID: 32518
Summary: lld master error: can't create dynamic relocation
Assignee: unassignedbugs at nondot.org
Reporter: minseong.kim at linaro.org
CC: llvm-bugs at lists.llvm.org
Created attachment 18217
This error occurs with lld at symbol resolution, but it works fine with bfd or
gold. I have attached 2 set of sources, normal and creduced.
- Command: ld.lld -shared sha1-armv8.o -o sha1-armv8.lld.so
- Output: ld.lld: error: sha1-armv8.S:1202: can't create dynamic
relocation R_AARCH64_PREL64 against symbol 'OPENSSL_armcap_P' defined in
- Original sha1-armv8.orig.S from which sha1-armv8.o is generated.
- Command: ld.lld -shared sha1-armv8.creduced.o -o sha1-armv8.lld.so
- Output: ld.lld: error: sha1-armv8.creduced.o:(.text+0x0): can't create
dynamic relocation R_AARCH64_PREL64 against symbol 'a' defined in
- Creduced sha1-armv8.S from which sha1-armv8.creduced.o is generated.
It seems that the root cause of this error is that the symbol,
R_AARCH64_PREL64, is evaluated as preemptible. I am not sure this is a subtle
corner case of symbol resolution or intentional.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the llvm-bugs