[LLVMbugs] [PATCH] llvm-config with circular *.a support
reid at x10sys.com
Wed Mar 22 08:03:29 PST 2006
I have tested the llvm-config patch and mostly committed it as a work-
Two parts I didn't commit:
1. The .mt-attrs file that was part of your patch was not found in
my build tree and I have no idea what it is. So, I skipped it.
Perhaps this is something that is local to your build tree?
2. The patch to utils/Makefile was undone because this forces
everyone everywhere to have a Perl processor when building llvm.
I didn't want to take the risk of developers screaming at me, so
we'll build llvm-config manually for now until its perfect.
Ideally, the configure script will locate Perl and we'll only
build llvm-config if Perl is available.
There's a couple things remaining to be done:
1. llvm-config -libs all produces: "llvm-config: unknown component
name: jit". The same output is produced for "-libs jitplus" and
"-lib native". That needs to get fixed before we can call this
2. Please take the "usage" documentation that you have and put it
in POD form per the ascribed format in docs/CommandGuide. Just
copy, say, llvm-as.pod and modify to the command line for llvm-
With this fixes and documentation, I think we have a completed llvm-
config script. Please submit patches against these latest cvs commits.
Very nice work!
P.S. mea culpa. I forgot to attribute your contribution to you in my
commit message. My apologies.
On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 09:36 -0500, Eric Kidd wrote:
> This version adds support for automatically duplicating *.a files
> which appear in dependency cycles. It has been tested against a real-
> world JIT application, and it produces a successful link.
> This patch is now ready for testing and feedback. Please let me know
> what you'd like me to change, and many thanks for your feedback and
> LLVMbugs mailing list
> LLVMbugs at cs.uiuc.edu
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
More information about the llvm-bugs