[llvm-announce] LLVM 7.1.0 Release

Tom Stellard via llvm-announce llvm-announce at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 10 12:26:24 PDT 2019

Hi,

LLVM 7.1.0 is now available! Download it now, or read the release notes.

This release is an update to LLVM 7.0.1 with a fix for llvm.org/PR39427.
This bug caused some applications to crash to due to an ABI
mismatch for clang built applications linking against a gcc built libLLVM.so
or vice versa.

I order to fix this bug, we had to introduce an ABI change to libLLVM.so,
so unlike most stable releases, this release is not ABI compatible with
7.0.0 or 7.0.1 if you are building libLLVM.so with clang.

LLVM 7.1.0 would not be possible without the help of our volunteer
release team! Thanks to all the release testers:

Michał Górny, Hans Wennborg, Amy Kwan, Dimitry Andric, Diana Picus,
Vedant Kumar, Brian Cain

If you have questions or comments about this release, please contact
the LLVMdev mailing list!

LLVM 7.0.1 Release Announcement:
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-announce/2018-December/000081.html