[lldb-dev] lldb 11.0.0-rc2 different behavior then gdb.

Jim Ingham via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 7 11:42:15 PDT 2020

There isn’t a built-in summary formatter for two dimensional arrays of chars, but the type is matching the regex for the one-dimensional StringSummaryFormat, but that doesn’t actually know how to format two dimensional arrays of chars.  The type regex for StringSummaryFormat:

char [[0-9]+]

We should refine this regex so it doesn’t catch up two dimensional strings.  We could also write a formatter for two-dimensional strings.

Would you file bugs about those two issues with http://bugs.llvm.org? <http://bugs.llvm.org/?>  Thanks.

Note that user added formatters are scanned first and the match is granted to the first hit, so if you need this yourself, in the meantime you could write your own formatter and it should fire.

Jim