[lldb-dev] LLDB_PYTHON_HOME

Adrian McCarthy via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 12 11:55:57 PDT 2020

Setting extra Python3 strategy variables in the Cmake call didn't solve the
problem.  They may have been necessary, but they weren't sufficient.

In the end, I installed Python 3.8.2, and pointed everything at that.  For
reasons I haven't discovered, Cmake seems to choose that one over the
incomplete Python 3.7 distribution that's bundled with Visual Studio.  (The
obvious guess is that it's a higher version number, but the Cmake
documentation denies that.)

"Listen, strange women lying in ponds *Cmake* distributing swords *selecting
Python installations* is no basis for a system of government *cross-platform
build configuration.*"