[lldb-dev] Moving lldbsuite API tests

Jordan Rupprecht via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 10 09:00:32 PST 2020

Later today I'm planning to land D71151, which
moves lldb/packages/Python/lldbsuite/test to lldb/test/API, and removes
the lldb/test/API/testcases symlink. This is a large move, so I expect it
will cause conflict for many outstanding patches with lldb tests. However,
it should hopefully make testing the lldbsuite/test/api a little easier:
for example, you can now run "ninja check-lldb-api-lang" to run that
subdirectory of tests, which matches how ninja targets work for the rest of
llvm testing. (Note: "ninja check-lldb" still works without re-invoking
cmake, but you need to run cmake again to get all the sub targets). It also
removes the symlink, which confuses some tools, and makes file navigation
confusing.

I have verified no tests got lost in the move via:
(cd /path/to/src/llvm-build/tools/lldb/test && /usr/bin/python
/path/to/src/llvm-build/dev/./bin/llvm-lit -sv
/path/to/src/llvm-project/lldb/test/API --show-tests)
which shows no diffs before/after my patch