[lldb-dev] Custom arguments completion for commands created by LLDB plugins

Matheus Marchini via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Oct 5 17:55:40 PDT 2019

Is there a way to create custom argument completion handlers for
commands introduced by LLDB plugins? I want to add completion for some
commands on llnode (https://github.com/nodejs/llnode), but I couldn't
find a way to do so using the C++ public API.

Based on this comment
(https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/blob/d420616313a3b4bc95a9effa00363cf3ad953e61/lldb/include/lldb/Interpreter/CommandCompletions.h#L44-L47)
I was expecting some API to add custom completion handlers, but I
guess the comment is intended for internal development only?

If there isn't a way to do that today, I'm thinking about adding it as
a new method to SBCommandPluginInterface, unless someone objects to
it.