[lldb-dev] Symbol Server for LLDB

Leonard Mosescu via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 25 10:04:11 PDT 2019

Not exactly a full symbol server solution, but LLDB supports the GDB-style
symbol lookup
<https://sourceware.org/gdb/onlinedocs/gdb/Separate-Debug-Files.html> (search
for the build-ID notes and nn/nnnnnnnn.debug). This, together with a simple
NFS setup can get you close to a Microsoft-style symbol store.

This blog post
<https://randomascii.wordpress.com/2013/02/20/symbols-on-linux-part-three-linux-versus-windows/>might
be relevant too.

As Adrian hints, there's an interest in adding first class support for
symbol servers to LLDB.