[lldb-dev] Remote debugging a docker process

Jan Kratochvil via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 5 05:57:21 PST 2019

On Sun, 03 Mar 2019 04:17:42 +0100, Mason Kramer via lldb-dev wrote:
> Then, I restricted the acceptable range of
> gdbserver ports to just 5001, using the flags suggested in the email.
>
> lldb-server-4.0 platform --verbose --listen "*:5000" --min-gdbserver-port 5001 --max-gdbserver-port 5001
                                                                                                      ^^^^
There should be 5002 as --max-gdbserver-port is in reality "max+1" value and
not "max" value.

The options --min-gdbserver-port and --max-gdbserver-port get ignored this way.

Submitted:
	Sanity check --max-gdbserver-port
	https://reviews.llvm.org/D58962

Replied with a working Docker example:
	Remote LLDB debugging - Docker container
	https://stackoverflow.com/a/55004346/2995591

# Add an option 'allow-all-hosts' to permit lldb debugging inside a Docker container
> [2] https://reviews.llvm.org/D42845

I also haven't found a need for this new proposed option.

Jan