[lldb-dev] Enabling single-step mode and acting on each executed instruction

Vangelis Tsiatsianas via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jun 28 04:15:33 PDT 2019

Hello,

I would like to set the target in single-step mode and perform an action right after each instruction is executed. Notably, it is crucial to do so transparently, i.e. without interfering with user breakpoints, watchpoints, stepping etc..

Could you provide me with some guidance on how to accomplish it? 🙂

I have found the target.process.thread.trace-thread option and the relevant classes (ThreadPlanTracer and ThreadPlanAssemblyTracer), which although seem to not work and also crash the debugger when enabled.

Thank you very much, in advance.

― Vangelis