[lldb-dev] [RFC] Removing lldb-mi

Pavel Labath via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 1 23:44:52 PDT 2019

On 02/07/2019 00:09, Jonas Devlieghere via lldb-dev wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> After long consideration, I want to propose removing lldb-mi from the
> repository. It is basically unmaintained, doesn't match the LLDB code
> style, and worst of all the tests are unreliable if not already
> disabled. As far as I can tell it's missing core functionality to be
> usable from something like say emacs.

I am in favour of this proposal, for all of the reasons stated above.
Since lldb-mi uses lldb stable API, any interested parties can easily
create a separate project for it on github (or wherever). Maybe this
would even serve as a spark to reignite lldb-mi development (which has
been sitting in idle for quite some time now).

pl