[lldb-dev] LLDB bot health

Pavel Labath via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 14 05:30:13 PST 2019

On 14/01/2019 11:54, Tamas Berghammer wrote:
> +Pavel Labath <mailto:pavel at labath.sk>
>
> Pavel and Me was owning the following bots:
> lldb-x86_64-ubuntu-14.04-buildserver: Builds lldb-server for various
> andoird architectures (doesn't run tests)
> lldb-x86_64-ubuntu-14.04-cmake      : Runs lldb tests with 6 different
> compilers on Linux (clang-3.5, gcc-4.9.4, clang HEAD) * (i386, x86_64)
> lldb-x86_64-darwin-13.4             : Building lldb on darwin using
> cmake+ninja and running remote debugging tests for android (AFAIK
> devices have been removed since)
> lldb-windows7-android               : Building lldb for windows using
> cmake+ninja and running remote debugging tests for android (using an
> i386 andoird emulator)
> lldb-x86_64-ubuntu-14.04-android    : Building lldb for linu and running
> remote debugging tests for android (AFAIK devices have been removed since)
>
> My opinion is that we should leave
> lldb-x86_64-ubuntu-14.04-buildserver on as it provides at least build
> coverage for android and it is very stable and easy to fix when it
> breaks. If people have interest maintaining Linux support (I hope they
> do) then having lldb-x86_64-ubuntu-14.04-cmake on and green could be
> useful and I can help out with general bot maintenance but won't have
> bandwidth to actually look into test failures. For the rest of the bots
> I would propose to just turn them on unless somebody from Google/Android
> steps forward to maintain them as they occasionally require physical
> access and at the moment they are located in a lab in the Google MTV
> office. Will send an e-mail to a few interested parties to check if
> there is any takers.
>
> Cheers,
> Tamas

I am going to speak to Stephen Hines about the fate of these bots next
week.  I'll post an update here after that. At the moment, it seems
likely that there will be some kind of a maintained linux bot soon, and
it seems _un_likely that there will be people with enough spare time to
maintain the android test bots *in their present form*.

Sorry for all the confusion, and please do report when things are not
working for you,
pl