[lldb-dev] SB API is not working properly with OSPython plugin

Alexander Polyakov via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Feb 14 10:08:40 PST 2019

Hi lldb-dev,

I work on a custom implementation of OperatingSystem plugin using Python
and SB API. I’m trying to fetch information about some variables from the
target into the plugin, to do that I’m using the following Python code:

ready_tasks = self._target.FindGlobalVariables(‘pxReadyTasksLists’,
1).GetValueAtIndex(0)

When I do `print(ready_tasks)` I get:

No value

At the same time, doing the same actions inside lldb embedded interpreter
follows to:

`
print(lldb.target.FindGlobalVariables('pxReadyTasksLists',1).GetValueAtIndex(0))`

(List_t [5]) pxReadyTasksLists = {

  [0] = {

    uxNumberOfItems = 0

    pxIndex = 0x00000000

    xListEnd = {

      xItemValue = 0

      pxNext = 0x00000000

      pxPrevious = 0x00000000

    }

  }

…

Does anybody know what may cause such a behavior?

--
Alexander