[lldb-dev] increase timeout for tests?

Vedant Kumar via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Mar 13 17:47:40 PDT 2018

As a first step, I think there's consensus on increasing the test timeout to ~3x the length of the slowest test we know of. That test appears to be TestDataFormatterObjC, which takes 388 seconds on Davide's machine. So I propose 20 minutes as the timeout value.

Separately, regarding x-failed pexpect()-backed tests, I propose deleting them if they've been x-failed for over a year. That seems like a long enough time to wait for someone to step up and fix them given that they're a real testing/maintenance burden. For any group of to-be-deleted tests, like the 22 lldb-mi tests x-failed in all configurations, I'd file a PR about potentially bringing the tests back. Thoughts?

thanks,
vedant