[lldb-dev] lldb compiled from source 5X slower than homebrew or default lldb

Timothee Cour via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 12 14:57:19 PDT 2018

after further inspection it turns out it's a performance regression
between llvm 5 and llvm 6:

$homebrew_D/Cellar/llvm/5.0.1/lldb -s test_lldb.txt -- prog
8 seconds
$homebrew_D/Cellar/llvm/6.0.0/bin/lldb -s test_lldb.txt -- prog
40 seconds

cat test_lldb.txt:
```
b FOO
bt
```

prog is some binary I'm debugging. It's unfortunately hard to reduce.
What are good ways to investigate this?