[lldb-dev] Command history line editing

William Schmidt via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 7 11:34:09 PST 2018

readline has been around for donkeys' years. I was hacking it in MKSToolkit
back in the nineties. That implementation had a bug that hosed the
debugger's command line and a shell work-around to resolve it. Presumably,
there must be a clean-room version of readline somewhere that does not use
GPL? bash owns the command line so applications should mimic its behavior,
or at least offer a user-selectable option. Say, either emacs or vi editing
modes, as bash itself does.

Will