[lldb-dev] error printed to stderr: "Could not find implementation lookup function...."

Greg Clayton via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jun 5 13:20:06 PDT 2018

This error gets printed for all Darwin programs that are not objective C and is quite annoying in AppleObjCTrampolineHandler.cpp:

  if (m_impl_fn_addr == LLDB_INVALID_ADDRESS) {
    // If we can't even find the ordinary get method implementation function,
    // then we aren't going to be able to
    // step through any method dispatches.  Warn to that effect and get out of
    // here.
    if (process_sp->CanJIT()) {
      process_sp->GetTarget().GetDebugger().GetErrorFile()->Printf(
          "Could not find implementation lookup function \"%s\""
          " step in through ObjC method dispatch will not work.\n",
          get_impl_name.AsCString());
    }
    return;
  } ...

Can we quiet this error when libobjc isn't loaded? Our IDE prints out anything it gets on stderr and this error always has people worried there is something wrong.