[lldb-dev] How LLDB plug-ins loaded on Windows?

Salahuddin Khan via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 5 12:47:00 PDT 2018

Hi All,

I'm somewhat puzzled by the plug-ins in LLDB, specifically on Windows.

When examining the lib directory after building LLVM/LLDB, I noticed at lot of lldbPlugin*.lib files. However, it's not clear if or how these are included in LLDB.

Here's one example:
lldbPluginSymbolFilePDB.lib

Are these compiled into lldb.exe and if so, how are they invoked? I'm trying to determine if PDB symbols are currently working, and if not, what would be required to make them work.

Thanks,
Salah