[lldb-dev] [6.0.0 Release] The release branch is here; trunk is now 7.0.0

Hans Wennborg via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 3 10:27:35 PST 2018

Hello everyone,

The release branch for 6.0.0 was created from trunk at r321711 around
3pm GMT today, and the trunk version was subsequently incremented to
7.0.0. (Hopefully the git mirror will have the branch soon too.)

Note that this time we're doing an early "slow start" of the release
process. I'm still on vacation and there is no release candidate
scheduled until 17 January, but those interested can start testing and
nominating patches for merging.

Release blockers are tracked by https://llvm.org/PR35804 Please mark
any bugs, old or new, that need to be fixed as blocking that.

To get a change committed to the branch, first commit it to trunk as
usual, and then request it to be merged --- ideally by filing a
blocker bug on PR35804, or by cc'ing me on the commit email.

Please help out with the release by notifying me of any bugs, commits,
or other issues you thin
k might be relevant. If it's not marked as blocking PR35804, or I'm
not cc'd on an email about
it, I'll probably miss it.

Thanks,
Hans