[lldb-dev] LLDB target charset, libicu vs libiconv.

Chirag Patel via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 12 21:20:32 PST 2018

Hello,

I am trying to read ebcdic(specially 1142) encoded string using lldb, but at the moment AFAIK lldb only support UTF8/16/32 and ASCII. (Please correct me if i am wrong).

i started looking into adding support for "target-charset", which is present on gdb and uses libiconv. There is one more, which can be used is libicu.

As both of them does the job and libicu is available for windows and on the other hand libicu is available packed with most of the linux distribution (or  easily available on repo anyway.

I would appreciate which choice would be better for lldb. (in terms of lldb future support)

Thanks and regards,

Chirag Patel| Software Engineer
RAINCODE Mainframe to .NET

Tel : +91 080 41159811 | Mob : +91 90493 36744
www.raincodelabs.com<http://www.raincodelabs.com/>