[lldb-dev] PDB symbol reader supports C++ only?

Vadim Chugunov via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 27 18:57:16 PDT 2018

These two changes ([1]
<https://github.com/vadimcn/llvm/commit/a8e52b43f4ca43594987ad900277bed7c005461b>
[2]
<https://github.com/vadimcn/lldb/commit/77d54fcbcb82b0b94bcfb238387b055489f3632e>)
appear to be sufficient to enable debugging of Rust binaries with pdb debug
info (make sure that msdia140.dll is somewhere lldb can find it).
At a cursory glance, I did not observe any ill effects of disabling that
language check, so I'm still not sure whether it was truly necessary, or
more of "Let's disable code paths we did not test".

As for allocating a language code for Rust, does Microsoft even have a
procedure for this?   In any case, looks like D folks had already staked out
<https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm/blob/d7e8f44ac5abf9599b718cf1438ffbe8adee5db9/include/llvm/DebugInfo/CodeView/CodeView.h#L165>
0x44 for themselves.   I suggest we claim 0x27  :-)