[lldb-dev] Firewall complaint about hosttests.exe

Pavel Labath via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 2 07:40:52 PDT 2018

Yes, we have a couple of tests there, which verify that our socket
communication works. It seems there is one test which specifically
opens a non-localhost socket (TCPListen0GetPort (*)), so I would bet
it's that's the one the firewall is having problems with. Or, if you
have a particularly paranoid firewall, it could be all of them.

I am not sure what would be the right solution here. Not having a
single non-localhost is not good, but neither is annoying firewalls...

pl

(*) If you're looking at the test, the seemingly hardcoded address in
it (10.10.12.3) is not the address the socket binds to, but the
address of the peer we expect to connect to that socket. We open
wildcard sockets when expecting non-local peers.