[lldb-dev] The mysterious case of unsupported DW_FORMs

via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 2 07:21:32 PDT 2018

Why weren't my local LLVM & LLDB builds able to decompress the sections? CMake!

Remembering to delete CMakeCache.txt is usually the part I forget to do.

LLDB tried to decompress, but when failed to do so it carried on returning and alter attempting to parse the compressed bytes as is.

A section that is compressed but can't be decompressed should be treated as corrupt/unparseable.  That seems like an LLDB bug; do you have an account on the project bugzilla?

(*) none of the tools bothered to make a note that the sections are compressed (SHF_COMPRESSED)

That seems like a completely valid feature request.  Again filing a bug would be the right tactic.  I'm willing to do this one for you, if you don't have a bugzilla account.

Thanks,
--paulr