[lldb-dev] LLDB tests getting stuck on GDBRemoteCommunicationClientTest.GetMemoryRegionInfo ?

Pavel Labath via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 27 02:11:39 PDT 2018

On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 at 22:58, Leonard Mosescu via lldb-dev <
lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> I just did a clean build (debug) on Linux, and I noticed that the LLDB
tests seem to consistently get stuck:

>                                                               -- Testing:
1002 tests, 12 threads --

>   99%
[==========================================================================================================================================-]
ETA: 00:00:01
> lldb-Suite :: types/TestIntegerTypes.py

> At this point there are a bunch of llvm-lit processes waiting and two
suspicious LLDB unit tests:

> ProcessGdbRemoteTests
--gtest_filter=GDBRemoteCommunicationClientTest.GetMemoryRegionInfo
> ProcessGdbRemoteTests
--gtest_filter=GDBRemoteCommunicationClientTest.GetMemoryRegionInfoInvalidResponse

> I took a quick look and they both seem to blocked on communicating with
the remote:

> thread #2, name = 'ProcessGdbRemot', stop reason = signal SIGSTOP

These tests should have two threads communicating with each other. Can you
check what the other thread is doing?

My bet would be that fact that we are now running dotest tests concurrently
with the unittests is putting more load on the system (particularly in
debug builds), and the communication times out. You can try increasing the
timeout in GDBRemoteTestUtils.cpp:GetPacket to see if that helps.