[lldb-dev] Welcome Alexander!

Greg Clayton via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 24 07:43:07 PDT 2018

Welcome Alexander!

The title might be more stated as "Reimplement lldb-mi to correctly use the SB API instead of using HandleCommand and regular expressions to parse the command results" as it is already using the SB API, just not using it anywhere close to correctly!

I look forward to seeing the changes.

A few things I ran into when playing with lldb-mi:
- file-exec or exec-file packet might come _after_ some breakpoints are set. We should make sure we create a lldb::SBTarget right away and set the breakpoints on the empty target so that we don't miss these breakpoints if this is still an issue. Then the when we receive the exec-file packet, we set the file on the target
- remove all uses of HandleCommand and use SB APIs where possible
- Add any SB API that might be missing and require us to use HandleCommand

Good luck and let us know if you have any questions,

Greg Clayton