[lldb-dev] Can I call a python script from LLDB c++ code?

Ted Woodward via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 3 12:18:01 PDT 2018

LLDB for Hexagon can automatically launch and connect to the Hexagon
simulator, much like LLDB can launch and connect to debugserver/lldb-server.
I've got a copy of GDBRemoteCommunication::StartDebugserverProcess that does
this. A copy because there are feature incompatibilities between hexagon-sim
and debugserver/lldb-server.

On a hardware target, our OS has a debug stub. We'd like to run the lldb
test suite talking to this stub on the simulator, instead of talking to the
RSP interface the simulator publishes. We have a module that will forward
ports to the OS under simulation, but to do this I need to:
1) open an http connection to port x
2) parse some xml coming back that contains the actual port for the stub I
want to connect to
3) connect to the new port

I have a python script that will do this, but I need to do it inside LLDB
c++ code in GDBRemoteCommunication.cpp, so when I do a "run" it will jump
through the correct hoops and connect to the stub under simulation.

Is there a good way to call a python script from LLDB c++ code and get a
result back? Or is there a better solution?

Ted

--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, a