[lldb-dev] PTYPE replacement in LLDB

vignesh balu via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 11 22:10:53 PDT 2017

Hi All,

I see in the command Mapping Documnet, we can use "image lookup -type" in
place of "ptype" from gdb. Currently, this can be used only for Type(link
int, char) , or gloal, static variable or function symbol.

This is not as efficient as GDB, where it  will whole structure if we point
to variable.
Here we have to find the variable type first and then we have to do "image
lookup".

do we have a single command which will do that ?
If not, shall we implement one or integrating with one of existing command
is good ?

thanks,
vigneshbalu