[lldb-dev] Bot failure with new "in tree compiler" changes (r316728) in llvm.org bot

Jim Ingham via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 7 10:21:39 PST 2017

The lldb_cmake GreenDragon bot is now failing, e.g.:

http://lab.llvm.org:8080/green/view/LLDB/job/lldb_cmake/1703/consoleFull#589016626e9a0fee5-ebcc-4238-a641-c5aa112c323e

This looks related to Pavel's change:

> r316728 | labath | 2017-10-26 19:24:04 -0700 (Thu, 26 Oct 2017) | 18 lines
>
> Default to using in-tree clang for building test executables

> is the one compiler that we can be sure everyone has (better
> reproducibility of test results). Also, it should hopefully reduce the
> impact of pr35040.
>
> This also reduces the number of settings which control the compiler
> used. LLDB_TEST_C_COMPILER is used for C files and
> LLDB_TEST_CXX_COMPILER for C++ files. Both of the settings default to
> the in-tree clang.
>
> Reviewers: zturner
>
> Subscribers: mgorny, davide, lldb-commits
>
> Differential Revision: https://reviews.llvm.org/D39215

The error is:

CMake Error at tools/lldb/CMakeLists.txt:78 (message):

  LLDB test compilers not specified.  Tests will not run

Does the bot need to be reconfigured for these changes?

Jim