[lldb-dev] One year checkpoint and Thread Sanitizer update

Kamil Rytarowski via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 1 07:00:03 PDT 2017

The past year has been started with bugfixes and the development of
regression tests for ptrace(2) and related kernel features, as well as
the continuation of bringing LLDB support and LLVM sanitizers (ASan +
UBsan and partial TSan + Msan) to NetBSD.
My plan for the next year is to finish implementing TSan and MSan
support, followed by a long run of bug fixes for LLDB, ptrace(2), and
other related kernel subsystems

http://blog.netbsd.org/tnf/entry/one_year_checkpoint_and_thread

Plans for the next milestone

The general goals are to finish TSan and MSan and switch back to LLDB
debugging. I plan to verify the impact of the TSan bootstrap
initialization on the observed crashes and research the remaining failures.

This work was sponsored by The NetBSD Foundation.

The NetBSD Foundation is a non-profit organization and welcomes any
donations to help us continue funding projects and services to the
open-source community. Please consider visiting the following URL, and
chip in what you can:

http://netbsd.org/donations/#how-to-donate