[lldb-dev] issue with utf8 string display in the ncurses-GUI mode on a Beaglebone Black (ARMv6)
Jim Ingham via lldb-dev
lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 31 10:33:57 PDT 2017
Bug reports are here:
It's the same system as for llvm, just specify lldb as the product.
> On May 28, 2017, at 8:11 AM, Dr. Rolf Jansen via lldb-dev <lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> I managed to build LLDB on a Beaglebone Black running a snapshot (May 20th) of FreeBSD 12.0-CURRENT -- ARMv6. This is the first LLDB of all that I tried out, which let me single step into the code, so I am already quite happy with it. In the moment, I see only one minor issue left to be resolved, namely UTF8 strings are not displayed correctly in the ncurses-GUI mode, while in cli mode I see no issue.
> This happens in the ncurses-GUI mode of LLDB 3.9.1, LLDB 4.0.1, up to LLDB 5.0.0 (svn).
> This is an ARM issue, since it does not occur on x86 machines. Perhaps this might be related to the signed/unsigned char mismatch between ARM and x86. Other ncurses software on the Beaglebone does work well under FreeBSD.
> I did not find a bug-reporting facility for LLDB. In case, I need to submit a bug report on this, please may I ask for a link.
> Best regards
> lldb-dev mailing list
> lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
More information about the lldb-dev