[lldb-dev] Python scripting in Windows LLDB

Ted Woodward via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 19 13:42:06 PDT 2017

LLDBConfig.cmake has this:

  if (NOT (PYTHON_DEBUG_EXE AND PYTHON_RELEASE_EXE AND PYTHON_DEBUG_LIB AND PYTHON_RELEASE_LIB AND PYTHON_DEBUG_DLL AND PYTHON_RELEASE_DLL))

    message("Python installation is corrupt. Python support will be disabled for this build.")

    set(LLDB_DISABLE_PYTHON 1 PARENT_SCOPE)

    return()

  endif()

Internally I’ve changed it to:

  if (CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE STREQUAL "Debug")

    if (NOT (PYTHON_DEBUG_EXE AND PYTHON_DEBUG_LIB AND PYTHON_DEBUG_DLL))

      message("Python installation is corrupt. Python support will be disabled for this build.")

      set(LLDB_DISABLE_PYTHON 1 PARENT_SCOPE)

      return()

    endif()

  else()

    if (NOT (PYTHON_RELEASE_EXE AND PYTHON_RELEASE_LIB))

      message("Python installation is corrupt. Python support will be disabled for this build.")

      set(LLDB_DISABLE_PYTHON 1 PARENT_SCOPE)

      return()

    endif()

  endif()

That works with our buildbots building release.

Note the release check doesn’t check for the DLL – our installations don’t have the release DLL, so I didn’t put that in.

I can push this change upstream if you’d like, Zach.

--

Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.

The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project