[lldb-dev] Unable to build LLDB 4.0 on Debian Linux

Andy Gibbs via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 12 11:21:55 PDT 2017

Sorry not to have come back sooner.

The problem is not the -Werror (I think) but the -pedantic that gets added during lldb configuration.  Having looked through the cmake files, I cannot see how this is added though.  Interestingly enough the backtrace detection is run earlier in configuration, possibly in the llvm part itself, where it passes without problem.  The only difference in the log file is that earlier on there is no -pedantic option given.

Also, although this is an aside, if clang is the compiler, it also passes (with the -pedantic).  Problem is, then I need to build clang to build clang :o)

Cheers,

Andy