[lldb-dev] Parallelizing loading of shared libraries

Zachary Turner via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 2 06:44:59 PDT 2017

Fwiw I haven't even followed the discussion closely enough to know what the
issues with the lldb task runner even are.

My motivation is simple though: don't reinvent the wheel.

Iirc LLDB task runner was added before llvm's thread pool existed (I
haven't checked, so i may be wrong about this). If that's the case, I would
just assume replace all existing users of lldb task runner with llvm's as
well and delete lldb's

Regarding the issue with making debugging harder, llvm has functions to set
thread name now. We could name all threadpool threads