[lldb-dev] Support for Error Strings in remote protocol

Ted Woodward via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 21 10:16:30 PDT 2017

What we can't do is require the remote server to support the new protocol. lldb-server isn't the only thing we talk to, and failing because we didn't get a specific non-RSP conformant error packet would be bad.

I like Pavel's idea of enabling it via a Q packet, and after being enabled it should always be optional.

--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project