[lldb-dev] "C++ SB API : Stepping out within a breakpoint callback"

Bibhas Acharya via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jul 9 22:45:10 PDT 2017

Hello,

I'm trying to use the C++ SB API to write a function level tracer. Here's
my code (along with the terminal output):

https://gist.github.com/bibhas/3ae690a2e983b00d96e75d792e92b59c

My problem is that when inside the breakpoint callback, I can't seem to
make the thread step out (line 47, tracer.mm). I understand I might need to
use something called ThreadPlans here, although besides SBThreadPlan.h, I
can't seem to find any examples of that class anywhere in the repo. I tried
stepping out when not in the breakpoint callback but that didn't seem to
work either.

(I did come across a python example here : http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-
project/lldb/trunk/examples/python/scripted_step.py but I'm not sure how I
can combine that with a non-interactive debug session approach I'm trying
to use here)

I'm using macOS Sierra and have linked my app to xcode's LLDB.framework.

I'd be grateful if someone could help me out. Thank you!

- Bibhas