[lldb-dev] Port LLDB to ppc64le (ABIv2) on linux

Gustavo Serra Scalet via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 5 12:13:02 PDT 2017

Hi,

I'm interested in porting LLDB to PowerPC 64 little endian (e.g: POWER8 machines) on Linux platform but before starting such work, I wanted to know if somebody is already doing it or also if there is anything prohibitive in doing so (Probably relevant to this question: clang supports POWER8 already, which is good).

The interesting resources I found at the moment are: the special debug registers as described on the ISA [1]; dealing with Ptrace API[2]; and also a presentation pointing out how LLDB was ported to MSP430 architecture[3].

Are there any other resources you'd recommend? I tried searching in the mailing list but I didn't find more relevant information.

Thanks. Comments are welcome :-)

[1] https://openpowerfoundation.org/?resource_lib=power-isa-version-3-0 (Book III, chapter 8, page 1103)
[2] http://www.alexonlinux.com/how-debugger-works
[3] http://llvm.org/devmtg/2016-03/Tutorials/LLDB-tutorial.pdf