[lldb-dev] LLDB: Sanitizing the debugger's runtime

Kamil Rytarowski via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 3 09:41:50 PDT 2017

On 06.06.2017 17:47, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> Hello,

Hello,

Short update.

> I posted the LLDB/NetBSD report for May:
>
> https://blog.netbsd.org/tnf/entry/lldb_sanitizing_the_debugger_s
>
> I'm heading now to get the LLVM sanitizers aboard and use them for
> further development of the LLDB/NetBSD port.
>
> I need to modify the whole stack of LLVM (llvm, clang, compiler-rt,
> libsanitizer). I prepared environment to execute tests in LLVM and Clang
> and they appear to be in acceptable shape now to move on to sanitizers.

LLVM asan and ubsan on NetBSD
http://blog.netbsd.org/tnf/entry/llvm_asan_and_ubsan_on

Roadmap for the next month:
 - Send upstream LLVM asan and ubsan support.
 - Correct more problems triggered by LLVM and Clang test-suites.
 - Resume msan and tsan porting.

> LLVM:
>   Expected Passes    : 13216
>   Expected Failures  : 107
>   Unsupported Tests  : 7242
>   Unexpected Failures: 252

I fixed 20 failures with the implementation of NetBSD specific PaX
MPROTECT allocator for RWX regions.