[lldb-dev] Python scripting in Windows LLDB

Pavel Labath via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 3 01:54:12 PDT 2017

On 30 June 2017 at 21:34, Ted Woodward via lldb-dev
<lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> I’ve seen crashes on Linux when building with 2.7.6 and using the 2.7.3
> .so/library directory, so I’m not willing to say building on Windows with
> 3.6.1 and using the 3.5.2 dll/library directory will work.
This is a bit problematic setup. I would expect that the opposite
(building with version X, and running with version Y >= X) will work,
but using an older runtime version is tricky because your code may end
using symbols which are not present in the older version.

Without more information, it's hard to say whether this was a problem
in your case. It could be that python 2.7.3 simply has a bug, and the
crash would happen even if you were using the same version of python
for building (our bots are at 2.7.6, and I am not aware of anyone
testing/using/shipping lldb with an older version of python)

pl