[lldb-dev] Load object file on the fly

Carlo Kok via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 28 04:19:44 PST 2017

As far as I can tell from reading the source LLDB has facilities to load
a "jitted" clang fragment as an object file, load it into the target
process "run" it and unload it. Could this process be reused externally?
Say from the SB or lower level apis?

What I want to accomplish is allow better expression evaluation for my
own languages by compling a piece of code to an object file (coff/elf,
whatever), passing all locals/args as arguments to this and getting the
evaluated result out of it. Is something like this possible?

--
Carlo Kok
RemObjects Software