[lldb-dev] DWARF v5 unit headers

Tamas Berghammer via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 28 03:45:38 PST 2017

As far as I know the only dwarf v5 functionality currently implemented in
LLDB is the split dwarf support so I don't expect it to work with the new
dwarf v5 data but as long as clang emits dwarf v4 (or older) by default it
shouldn't cause any immediate problem with the test suite (we will still
have to teach LLDB to handle dwarf v5).

For the future changes, when you start to emit the new dwarf v5 tag and
form values instead of the current GNU extension tag and form values for
split dwarf and for the related new data form-s we will have to teach LLDB
to understand them (currently we expect only the GNU versions) so a heads
up for that change would be appreciated. Other then this I expect no issue
regarding the addition of dwarf v5 support for LLDB.

Tamas