[lldb-dev] Linking the lldb C++API/library with other projects

meister via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 29 08:21:09 PDT 2017

Does anyone have pointers on how to link the lldb C++ API/library with another project that uses a command line driven build system?

We would like to incorporate the lldb C++ API/library into our Common Lisp programming environment to get better backtraces and debug info in a portable way (OS X and Linux).

lldb is written as a library and in principle this should be possible.
In practice I’ve had a tough time getting started.  I can build lldb with Xcode on OS X.
This is not a criticism - I know resources are limited.  The documentation for using the C++ API of lldb are thin and examples are few to non-existent.
I don’t need a lot of help - I would just like a starting point.
I’m developing CANDO, an implementation of Common Lisp that uses llvm as a backend  (github.com/drmeister/cando)
I have extensive experience using the llvm/clang API’s within CANDO.

Best,

Christian Schafmeister, Professor
Chemistry Department
Temple University